4.18.2022

Sequential Narrative - Final!!

 

Here is the final piece!! I took the Professor's advice and made the heads in the top left kind of flow into the trees rather than them having a hard edge where they stop. I also put a white ripped paper kind of background behind the people eating at the dinner table and behind the right forest picture (the ripped edges being made with a free photoshop brush allowing it to flow with the stitches in the middle of the screen). The characters (two people running) at the bottom right side of the screen are very vague as well as the people at the table because, when you're anxious and depressed, it can feel like others around you are blocked off from you or vice versa. The stitches represent the idea that the feeling can make you question everything about yourself and your life, analyzing every little detail, and trying to fit the pieces back together, etc. The forest backgrounds are there because anxiety and depression can definitely make you feel lost and whenever I think of being lost, I immediately think of being lost in a forest. The open mouth face on the left side made me think of suffocating which is a product of the mouth on the upper right side (mouth on the mouth) which is the representation of how it can feel like you're choking on your feelings (the choking leading to the suffocation). The faces on the left and right (the three with the singular red one on both the right and the left) represent visually different versions of oneself (it is supposed to look kind out of focus). I chose red because the color evokes emotion and draws your eye to it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Claudia. I think this is a really cool image. I love the pop of red over the black and white. I think you've done a great job at telling your story. I can definitely relate to it.

    ReplyDelete

Proj. 5 - Final Iteration